Central Portugal Exchange
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Central Portugal Exchange

This is an exchange forum where people living in or visiting Central Portugal can swap ideas and articles or even services. It is not intended to be a sales forum.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Electron cards and Ryanair

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
net net

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Electron cards and Ryanair Empty
PostSubject: Electron cards and Ryanair   Electron cards and Ryanair Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:13 am

If you look at your card it willsay for electronic use only, meaning it has to be swiped through a machine,so is no good for booking flights with Ryanair. However there are available electron cards that are not swipe only and these can be used at you will not get booking charges from Ryanair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alvorge.net
ShazC

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Electron cards and Ryanair   Electron cards and Ryanair Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:16 pm

net net wrote:
If you look at your card it willsay for electronic use only, meaning it has to be swiped through a machine,so is no good for booking flights with Ryanair. However there are available electron cards that are not swipe only and these can be used at you will not get booking charges from Ryanair.

Hi, we have just booked some flights on RyanAir and used our Visa Electron card with no probs whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Electron cards and Ryanair   Electron cards and Ryanair Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:54 am

Hi, I have a Halifax Easycash account with Visa Electron card. It says Electronic Use Only but works with EasyJet and Ryan Air.
Back to top Go down
https://centralptxchange.forumotion.com
net net

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Electron cards and Ryanair   Electron cards and Ryanair Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:18 pm

I was reffering to electron card issued by Portuguese bank.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alvorge.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Electron cards and Ryanair   Electron cards and Ryanair Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:37 pm

Interesting subject though..I have a BPN Electron card and it is no use for on-line ordering (of any kind).

Does anyone know of a Portuguese Visa Electron that operats as a UK one, ie can be used on-line ordering, ryan air, easyjet etc..

I am sure many of you order thisng from the UK, as I do, and I am always having problems with UK websites that do not allow none UK addresses but cards cannot be validated unless all the details match..Anyone got a way around this?
Back to top Go down
https://centralptxchange.forumotion.com
106droad

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Electron cards and Ryanair   Electron cards and Ryanair Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Yes- we retain an english bank account (and card) for purchases in UK and use the portuguese one for purchases here - this can also be useful to avoid currency exchange charges - e.g. in UK this Christmas major stores such as John Lewis and Debenhams would take euros but only at the extortionate rate of 1.6 to the £.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electron cards and Ryanair   Electron cards and Ryanair Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electron cards and Ryanair
Page 1 of 1